Heartlands High School is currently open for all students however we have had to make some decisions to enable this to happen. Please note:
- All trips are cancelled until further notice
- All sports events, music events and fixtures are cancelled until further notice
- Year 11 interventions after school, on Saturdays and during the holidays are cancelled
- All after school and before school interventions and clubs are cancelled for all year groups
- The premises is closed to all visitors; please do not come into school
- We are sending home students who have a cough or a temperature (if they have a sibling they are being sent home with them), OR students who are informing us someone at home has a cough or temperature they must self isolate for 7 or 14 days. Please follow the guidance on the Government’s website and inform us of your decision
- All vulnerable staff, including those who are pregnant have been advised to stay at home until further notice
We are preparing for a part closure tomorrow. We will prioritise years 7,10 and 11 and those with SEND or vulnerable home situations. If we part close we will make lunch available for collection from school for those not in school but entitled to a Free School Meal.
I will send you communication later today with all the details for the rest of the week. Please rest assured we will remain open for as long as we can for as many as we can!
We are finalising advice regarding what children should do when self isolating and how we set work in this instance, or in the instance of school closure. This will be sent directly to students and posted on this dedicated page of the website.
These are challenging times. We remind students there is online support and counseling available through www.kooth.com and a program to help with stress through www.headspace.com. Students will need to register if they have not already, however, this is free and easy to do.
Best wishes to you all. I will keep you updated