We will be zoning the buildings into year group bubbles. Please see the table below for details:
|Year Group||Entrance and Exit||Start Time||End Time||Zone||SLT Attached|
|Year 7||Main Gate||8:10am||3pm||S3 Corridor: Yellow Zone||Mr Greenwood|
|Year 8||Community Entrance (through car park)||8:10am||3pm||N3 Corridor: Orange Zone||Ms Attreed|
|Year 9||2nd gate (next to Decorium (Western Road)||8:10am||2.50pm||S5 corridor:Red Zone||Mr Matthews|
|Year 10||North Playground, Side Gate (Station Road)||8:10am||2.50pm||N4 Corridor: Green Zone||Ms Sangha|
|Year 11||Main Gate||8:10am||Various||S4 Corridor: Blue Zone||Ms Bower|
|Purple bubble||2nd gate (next to Decorium (Western Road)||8:10am (students should go straight into the building)||3pm||S1 and S2||Mr Levis|
Update on face coverings
After careful consideration of all the current (as per 19/10/2020) information and guidance, the following has been decided.
- We are making masks mandatory in all communal areas: they must be clean, plain and worn properly. At all other times they must be stored cleanly out of sight (we recommend a small plastic bag)
- Face coverings are not needed in classrooms/lessons
- This will be made clear to staff and students in signage around the school and briefings etc
- We will address this weekly in our ops planning meeting and immediately if things change
If you believe your child is exempt please register them by clicking HERE
PE During COVID
Changing process and changing rooms
- There are hand washing facilities upon entry and exit of the changing rooms.
- Students change silently.
- We have introduced numbered pegs and perspex changing areas.
- Facemasks are worn whilst changing. Students spend as little time as possible in the changing rooms.
- Registers are not taken in the changing rooms to limit any kind of verbal communication.
- Spare kit is not currently given out.
- Students are presently learning football, table tennis, trampolining and netball. Any changes will be based on information given from the Department for Education. Lessons, drills and exercises are adapted or modified to enable social distancing where possible.
- To limit contact outside of the school bubble, we are not using external providers. For example, year 11 are not using Zone Gym to prevent mixing with the public. Students are also not using the New River facilities.
- PE are not using minibuses presently due to restrictions and constraints.
- PE SEARCH Day provisions have also been stripped back.
Cleaning of equipment
- Trampolines cleaned after every bubble use. The PE Faculty and Facilities team are in constant communication regarding cleaning of materials and topping up cleaning equipment.
- Each year group has their own specific year group ‘bubble’. For example, Year 7 table tennis have their own table tennis equipment bag, which is used solely by and for Year 7. The same applies to other year groups and other sports we are offering.
- This was possible because the school ordered more equipment to support in the teaching of PE this academic year.
Consultations with other schools
- We are in constant contact with colleagues at other schools.
- No extracurricular or fixtures for the near future.
- Three other school in the Borough spoken with are offering similar sports and learning in line with us. Other schools are currently offering a variation of Football, Netball, Indoor Athletics, Basketball, Badminton, Table Tennis and Health Related Fitness.
- No PE clubs before or after school for the near future.
- Interhouse sport will be adapted and included in the last week of a block of learning.
- We are not allowing coaches into school to keep the school bubble system as secure as possible. In the future, we hope to welcome back specialist sports to help our students.