Starting from 31st October, we are will be implementing a revised Home Learning model to ensure Home Learning tasks are completed on time and to the best of the student’s ability.
The expectations for home learning remain the same:
- Year 7 and 8 students are expected to complete 1 hour of English and Maths
and 30 mins of other subjects a week;
- Year 9 students are expected to spend 1 hour per subject a week;
- Year 10 and 11 are expected to spend at least 1.5 hours per subject a week.
All home learning tasks will be set on Show My Homework. This week we are reissuing students with SMH logins as well as the Home Learning Timetable for this academic year. Both will enable you to monitor your son/daughter’s home learning and support them with managing their workload.
We will be adopting the Home Learning Sanction system, as outlined below:
- Failure to complete home learning will result in a red card and a faculty detention. Student receiving red card for home learning will NOT be removed from their lessons.
- Students who receive 3 red cards for home learning in a week will be placed on a home learning report to their tutor.
- Students who receive 4 red cards for home learning in a week will be directed to attend Home Learning Improvement Programme for a week. This means they will be required to stay at school till 4.10pm completing home learning in a supervised environment
- Second referral to Home Learning Improvement Programme will lead to parents being invited for a meeting with the tutor.
- Third referral will lead to parents being invited to a meeting with the Head of House.
- Fourth referral will lead to parents being invited to a meeting with the SLT House link.