Understandably, lots of us are using social media to stay in touch with friends and family. Social media is a great way to stay connected but make sure you are following these top tips to stay safe online:
- Privacy and security settings exist for a reason. Make sure yours are up to date.
- Once posted, always posted. Think twice about posting anything you wouldn’t want your parents or future employers to see.
- Keep your personal information, personal! The more information you post, the more information someone has that could be used in a negative way such as fraud.
- Be honest if you feel uncomfortable.
- Know what action to take. If someone is upsetting you online, block them and report them to the site admin team. Do not retaliate.
If you are worried about cyber-bullying there is lots of advice here. Please don’t forget that you can report bullying on the school website here too – even though we are not at school it is still our job to make sure you feel safe and happy.