Embracing diversity, promoting equality, and being fully inclusive are at the centre of all we do at Heartlands Community Trust. Our schools are reflecting on the death of George Floyd and the response from the Black Lives Matter movement.
We recognise our duty to ensure that we speak out and send a message that we all agree that racism is unacceptable and prejudice is never to be tolerated.
We pledge to
- Champion equality, ensuring we are driving change and dismantling systemic racism through our behaviours, curriculum and policies
- Continue to offer opportunities to listen to all members of our community
- Relentlessly show the love, dignity and respect which everyone deserves
- Create opportunities to work with all stakeholders to listen, learn and take action together to improve the life chances for all
- Commitment to ensuring our workforce reflects local diversity and that we maintain a supportive and inclusive working environment, which is free from discrimination or harassment
In this way we will honour the memory of George Floyd (1973–2020), and all those who have suffered the consequences of racism, and stand in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement.
Chief Executive Officer
Heartlands Community Trust